If you follow me on Twitter (and you are, right?) I posted this insanely easy recipe for a Breakfast Bake last night. But upon heating it up this morning, I decided it was too easy not to share the pics and full recipe with you. I’m considerate like that.
– FAST: this look all of 25 minutes to put together, and it makes breakfast all week.
– HEALTHY: we’re using egg whites, veggies and whole wheat English Muffins, so yeah, go ahead and pour eggnog in your coffee. I won’t judge.
– EASY: you probably have these things in your fridge right now.
– DAMNGOOD: What’s bad about a cheese-covered anything?
– It will go so fast you’ll need to make another.
Quick and Simple Breakfast Bake
(or Egg White, Broccoli & Cheese Bake)
2 Whole Wheat English Muffins, torn into large pieces
1 carton (10 servings) of egg whites
1/2 package (8oz) frozen broccoli (or fresh), chopped roughly
6oz sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded*
Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper
*I was naughty and used “Bacon Cheddar Cheese” from Trader Joe’s. If you can’t find this magic, add two slices of cooked, drained and crumbled bacon to the egg whites or omit completely).
Pre-heat oven to 350. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray. Spread the torn bread on the bottom of the pan. Pour half the whites over the bread, so they’re covered. Add the broccoli on top. Pour the remaining whites over this. Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Black Pepper. Spread the cheese so it covers the top completely. Bake for 20 minutes until the middle doesn’t wiggle and the edges are set. Serves 4.
Just adding more ‘nog to my coffee….