….dessert re-creation was a success 🙂
In addition to Black and Bleu burgers and Grilled Vegetables, we threw dessert on the grill as well…….Grilled Pineapple Sundaes to be exact. You’re welcome.
What You’ll Need:
1 pint Hawaiian Sundae ice cream (or Coconut ice-cream/sorbet)
1/2 c. Caramel sauce (warmed)
1/2 c. Whipped Cream
1/3c. Chopped Macadamia or Cashews (optional)
How to make pineapple rings:
1) Slice the top of the pineapple
2) Turn pineapple on its side and slice (with rind on) into thick rings
(about 5-6 for large pineapple)
3) Using a sharp knife, slice off the rind (I find a square shape the easiest)
4) Using a teaspoon or melon baller, remove the woody core from each ring
5) Sear on a HOT grill for 2-3 minutes, and then flip – getting those delicious grill marks on each side. Set aside.
You’re ready to party:
In a small bowl, place grilled pineapple, add scoop of ice cream, drizzle of warm caramel sauce, whipped cream and a sprinkle of nuts.Serves 4.
Alt Idea: I love the idea of sprinkling a little brown sugar over the pineapple while it grills to caramelize it; then adding a squeeze of fresh lime juice and shredded coconut and serving as is.