I’m back after a whirlwind weekend of green adventures! So sit back, grab a salad to crunch and enjoy:
Friday Night: Down 2 Earth Expo
As I mentioned in my last post, a couple of friends and I went to Local Bites night at the Down 2 Earth Expo – and it was scrumptious!
I’ll let the pictures do the talking on the deliciousness:
A cheddar cheese with an apple chutney with raisins; amazing!
I was told by the event organizers that they maybe would be there on Saturday or Sunday – but I missed them 😦
So that’s a snapshot of some of the vendors that were there. I also nibbled (but forgot to snap pictures):
- Tofu Mini Burrito from Boloco
- Delicious Thai Chicken Salad from Nourish Cafe
- Beer and Wine samples (I’m sorry – but I didn’t catch their name!)
- Braised pork belly from 62 on Wharf
All of the vendors were super generous, so knowledgeable and SO passionate about sustainable and ecological practices.
It was an awesome night!
(For a more complete list of vendors, click here)
And more importantly, let’s get onto the Swag, shall we?
It was no Expo West Swag Bag a la Snackface but I still think I did pretty good 🙂
- Cookie samples from Nashoba Brook Bakery
- 4-C to-go packets
- Seventh Generation cleaning samples (ridiculously psyched about these!)
- Olivia’s Organics and Organic Valley coupons
- Yelp Lip Balm and mini nail file
- Soma Organic Shampoo/Conditioner samples
- Mocha Joe’s coffee sample
- Go Green Massachusetts wildflower seeds
- Edible Boston magazine
- Glee gum sample (I wished I took 10 more of these beauts)
- And the piece de resistance….
A I ❤ Larabar bumper sticker!
All these were neatly carried home in another awesome piece of swag: a WF lunch bag!
I also purchased one of these fun things:
ReSnackIt is a resuable, washable snack bag! I’ll be back later in the week for a full recap of this fun, new (to me) product!
Ok angels, this post has taken me 3 years to write, so my recap of Whole Foods Whole Body Day will have to wait until later. Hope you can stand the wait!